13 Types of Blog Posts that Drive Traffic and Attract Readers
It is important to discover that which type of blog posts are getting popular and gaining good traffic. If you are looking to create a huge list of audience then you must avoid to write ordinary posts that is not helpful for readers.
You must have to ask yourself these two questions before writing a post for your blog:
- What is the interest of my readers?
- What type of post will be shared more?
1. List Posts
- List posts grabs the attention of the readers because of numbers.
- List posts are easy to read and time saving.
- Readers can quickly scan the list post to find the information that they are looking for.
- Lists posts are most shareable content on social media sites.
- Search engines index the list posts much faster.
2. “How to” and Tutorial Posts
3. Top Lists
Some tips to write top lists posts:
- Make the title or headline that attract people. For example Top 20 Winners and Losers in 2013.
- Sort out this type of post annually. Readers will take more interest to know new additions in the top list things.
- Cover almost every popular niche in this post type. For example you can write about top bloggers, top photographers etc. Search engines will send relevant people to our blog post.
- When you write about someone, there’s less chances that he/she will not share your post. You must also let him know that you have mentioned in your post.
Tools you need for interviewing someone
- A good camera to record video.
- A good microphone to record audio.
- A place where you can meet that person to take the interview.
- A good Internet connection.
- A computer.
- Webcam and microphone.
- Video call recorder so you can record Skype video calls.
- Video hosting service for example YouTube.
6. Resources Posts
7. Comparison Posts
8. Images and Videos
- Some tips for image optimization are as follow:
- Add ALT text to your image. ALT is the text that search engines use to recognize the image. So add a proper keyword as your ALT text.
- Add images which are small in file size. Search engines love those pages which load faster.